Paul Van Aerschot will dedicate the evening lecture concentrating on a place in Leuven he gave in the course of his career three times radically shape.
The restoration of the historic Pope’s College in 1968, the adjacent building of the Faculty of Theology Library in 1971 and finally the recent building of Aula Pieter De Somer in 1985 (which opened last year).
Three examples of an intelligent approach to architecture in a historic fabric with a level of quality that we meet enough in Flanders.
Paul From Aerschot (Diest 1938)
ir. architect K.U. Leuven 1961
1961 – research assistant division architecture KU Leuven
1975 – academic staff K.U. Leuven
private practice as an architect:
⁃ diverse housing
⁃ cultural center Diest-Tervuren
⁃ several projects for the City of Leuven
⁃ renovations Pauscollege, Arenbergkasteel college Falcon, Great Beguine-Kerkstraat
⁃ Residential construction Arenberg (in cooperation)
⁃ theology faculty library
⁃ Aula Pieter De Somer
juror National Architectural Contests “Maskens” and Brick “
member Royal Commission of Monuments and Sites 75-80