Carlo Baumschlager and Dietmar Eberle, architects started their office in 1985.
Since starting up business in Vorarlberg, the westernmost state of Austria, with the focus of its activities on housing and residential architecture, the company has meanwhile become internationally established with branches in Lochau (Austria), Vienna, St. Gallen (Switzerland), Zürich (Switzerland), Vaduz (Liechtenstein) and Beijing.
Carlo Baumschlager (°1956) began his lecturing activities in early 2007. He is a professor at the Munich Academy of Fine Arts.
Dietmar Eberle (°1952) lectures at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zürich. His latest publication “Von der Stadt zum Haus” (“From the Town to the House”) (2007) reflects the results of a course he held at the Technology Institute.
Professor Winfried Nerdinger attributes the success of the practice to “the combination of a clearly evident maintenance of architectural tradition, the use of the most modern technologies, and a concern for sustainable energy efficiency”.